Mails are going to Spam
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-02 07:09:31 UTC
Hello ,

I have recently installed and configured exim on my server but I see that
the mails are marked as spam and after some research it seems to be due to
the ACL SMTP authentication verification settings .

I am not an exim guru if any one can guide me how to setup correct SMTP
authentication in exim that would be really great full.

I have attached my exim.conf file with this mail.

Thank you
Pratap
Phil Pennock
2011-02-02 09:53:33 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
I have recently installed and configured exim on my server but I see that
the mails are marked as spam and after some research it seems to be due to
the ACL SMTP authentication verification settings .
I am not an exim guru if any one can guide me how to setup correct SMTP
authentication in exim that would be really great full.
I have attached my exim.conf file with this mail.
Nothing in your configuration is directing inbound mail to be sent to a
spam scanner.

So either:
* there's another device in the flow of email, handling this
or:
* you really meant that mail you send is being marked as spam by others

In either case, if you want help, you'll need to provide more details
about what is marked as spam, why you believe it's Exim doing this, the
full headers from a mail which this happened to, version of Exim, and
the output from typing:

exim -bV
telnet localhost 25
EHLO localhost
QUIT

-Phil
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-02 11:04:42 UTC
Hello ,

Here are the outputs of the command which you have requested along with the
email header of the mail sent to Gmail. IN this I have changed the server IP
with the localhost IP . and replaced the domain name with mydomainname.com

===================================
exim -bV

Exim version 4.63 #1 built 10-Dec-2010 16:36:10
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (July 12, 2010)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Content_Scanning Old_Demime
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 nisplus passwd pgsql sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 4
Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf

===================================

[***@server input]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 server.mydomainname.com ESMTP Exim 4.63 Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:28:33 +0530
EHLO localhost
250-server.mydomainname.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
quit
221 server.mydomainname.com closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

===================================
Email Header

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:06:37 +0300
Subject: TEST MAIL
From: ***@mydomainname.com
To: ***@gmail.com

TEST MAIL

Graeme Fowler
2011-02-02 11:14:41 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
Here are the outputs of the command which you have requested along with the
email header of the mail sent to Gmail. IN this I have changed the server IP
with the localhost IP . and replaced the domain name with mydomainname.com
Please don't do that:

http://wiki.exim.org/DontObfuscate

In your case - this is especially important as the IP address and domain
are the most important parts. That said, the reality here is that this
is not likely to be an Exim problem.

Graeme
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-02 11:27:34 UTC
Hello

Ok here I am pasting the correct output of those command without any
modification.

Whatever email id I am sending the mail it is going to the spam folder by
default. RDNS and DNS record are OK.

===================================
[***@server input]# exim -bV
Exim version 4.63 #1 built 10-Dec-2010 16:36:10
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (July 12, 2010)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Content_Scanning Old_Demime
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 nisplus passwd pgsql sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 4
Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf

===================================
[***@server ~]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 server.powersoftindia.info ESMTP Exim 4.63 Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:50:39
+0530
EHLO localhost
250-server.powersoftindia.info Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
quit
221 server.powersoftindia.info closing connection

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:06:37 +0300
From: ***@powersoftindia.info
To: ***@gmail.com

TEST MAIL

Graeme Fowler
2011-02-02 12:13:10 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
Whatever email id I am sending the mail it is going to the spam folder by
default. RDNS and DNS record are OK.
Neither the sending IP nor the sending domain is in any DNSBLs that I
can find.

Have you considered clicking the "This is not spam" button in the Google
mail client? Failing that, have you contacted Google directly?

Graeme
Todd Lyons
2011-02-02 13:25:18 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
Whatever email id I am sending the mail it is going to the spam folder by
default. RDNS and DNS record are OK.
Into Gmail's spam folder?
Post by S Pratap Singh
220 server.powersoftindia.info ESMTP Exim 4.63 Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:50:39
+0530
I seem to recall that .info domains are scored higher in SpamAssassin
spam checks, but I was unable to find any documentation to that
effect. However I don't know if that will affect your Google mail
because I have no clue if Google runs SA in any way, shape, or form.
I know I have seen a few people who block *.info completely, but
again, I don't expect that to apply to your case.
Verified that MX and DNS does look good from here for your IP, including RDNS.

Overall I don't really see anything wrong with your setup or your
email. It likely has to do with the swamp that your IP sits in. I
block vast swaths of space all over the globe, it's possible that
whoever previously had some of the /24 that you are in, viciously
abused it or unknowingly (bots) sent tons of spams or otherwise
malicious content. If that IP is scoring low in a reputation system
for one major provider such as Gmail, it's likely to do the same for
all of the big ones.
--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and
Phil Pennock
2011-02-03 00:05:41 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id
c18si48650219qcr.104.2011.02.02.01.06.38
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5);
Wed, 02 Feb 2011 01:06:38 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of
client-ip=127.0.0.1;
*rotfl* Gmail claiming localhost as a permitted sender; your editing has
given a ... "quirky" result, which makes it harder for others to help
you.
Post by S Pratap Singh
(SquirrelMail authenticated user admin)
by mydomainname.com with HTTP;
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:06:37 +0300
So, this isn't a spam decision being made by anything under your direct
control. It's not a knob tuned incorrectly in Exim, it's "how you are
perceived by others".

I wrote this a little while back:
http://bridge.grumpy-troll.org/2010/04/email-cooperation.html
which explains how email is about people cooperating to get messages
delivered.

When delivering to large providers, it's largely about "what reputation
do I appear to have?". One page I link to in the above article is:
http://research.google.com/pubs/author70.html
which gets you to “Sender Reputation in a Large Webmail Service”,
presented at CEAS 2006 by one of the architects of Gmail's spam
filtering system.

I suggest that you set up DKIM, so that mails sent by you can be
provably tracked back to your domain, not just to the IP addresses
you're using, so that over time you can establish an independent
reputation. That way, if you're not spamming, your mail will gradually
become less likely to be filtered as spam, even if the other users of IP
address space near you are not as trustworthy.

-Phil
2011-02-02 12:33:36 UTC
From: S Pratap Singh
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id
c18si48650219qcr.104.2011.02.02.01.06.38
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5);
Wed, 02 Feb 2011 01:06:38 -0800 (PST)
Domain Name:POWERSOFTINDIA.INFO
Created On:28-Jan-2011 03:31:52 UTC

4 days ago. Possibly it's the reason (new domain names may be treated with
suspiction).

Also, no DKIM.
@Graeme Clicking on The Spam button only solve the problem for me not for
the other USER.

@Lena Do you know if there is any way I can install DKIM on centos5.
==============
cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
uname -a

Linux server 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5.028stab079.2 #1 SMP Fri Dec 17 19:25:15 MSK
2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
==============

I am not sure about "Was Exim patched?" . If you could let me know what is
that?

Please also let me know where I can find the DKIM-Milter rpm on the net
I only found this(below) url which does not work on wget
http://www.topdog-software.com/oss/dkim-milter/dkim-milter-2.8.2-0.$(uname-i).rpm
you can replace $(uname -i) with your system processor info .
Todd Lyons
2011-02-02 19:16:14 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
@Lena Do you know if there is any way I can install DKIM on centos5.
==============
cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
uname -a
Linux server 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5.028stab079.2 #1 SMP Fri Dec 17 19:25:15 MSK
2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
==============
I am not sure about "Was Exim patched?" . If you could let me know what is
that?
If you're running the default exim provided by CentOS, then if you
have done an update since Dec 30 2010, then you should be running the
patched version:

Changelog for exim-4.63-5.el5_5.2.i386.rpm :
Fri Dec 10 23:00:00 2010 Miroslav Lichvar - 4.63-3.el5_5.2
- fix buffer overflow in string_format (CVE-2010-4344, #662019)

To be honest though, that is a very old version and I think you are
better off getting a current version and installing that. Latest
released version is 4.74. Searching on Google, I found a site called
icewalkers which has 4.74 rpms available for download, but I do not
know what distro those will install on nor do I know the reputation of
that site. The prescribed method, if you are not capable of building
your own rpms, is to download the latest source, build it, uninstall
the exim rpms, install from source, configure it, and start it.
Post by S Pratap Singh
Please also let me know where I can find the DKIM-Milter rpm on the net
I only found this(below)  url which does not work on wget
http://www.topdog-software.com/oss/dkim-milter/dkim-milter-2.8.2-0.$(uname-i).rpm
It won't help you.
1. DKIM is built in to Exim since version 4.70.
2. Milters use a communication API designed for sendmail (and
postfix), not exim. Exim does not implement a milter interface.
3. dkim-milter is a very old version, which is no longer being
developed. The current and heavily developed project is called
"opendkim". I mention this only if you decide in the end to use
sendmail or postfix.
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 06:10:54 UTC
OK I have now installed lates version of exim on my server but I dot see any
changes , still mails are being marked as spam . I do not see any issue with
the DNS RDNS again verified from various online resources . IP is not black
listed anywhere too. My domain is newly registered domain so I do not think
that is causing any issue.

===========================
[***@server src]# *exim -bV*
*Exim version 4.73 #1 built 17-Jan-2011 10:37:15*
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2007
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (May 26, 2010)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl Expand_dlfunc TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime Experimental_SPF Experimental_SRS
Lookups (built-in): lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz
dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm nis nis0 nisplus passwd sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
OpenSSL compile-time version: OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008
OpenSSL runtime version: OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008
Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf
===========================

I have no idea about DKIM if that is require then let ms know if there is
any way I can install/setup it on centos with exim. As earlier said I have
also upgraded exim to 4.73 which should support DKIM since exim version
4.70.

Thank you again for all the help.

Pratap Singh
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 07:17:09 UTC
Hello ,

I have also managed to configure the domain and exim with the DKIM but mails
are still going into spam folder by default.

Check the header of the mail :

==================================

powersoftindia.info; s=x;

h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Cc:To:From:Subject:Date:Message-ID;
bh=q5cyARPl5zX/knmvCnEy11G7/r6gcljJ44qrvv5DErY=;

b=sEkkyM7EZ7P/FvY9xf6xstBxT9coA5rEyQOHjBlKk8bnLrT8m+p8hCDOnZqDL8L1hnT24sTnoJakPgQNuv9sFvZt6OPoHh6ulIPEbknCOY0PyS+BRot8iZkj7AejBgbLptOSuelLd7xrFCuFuMe6ZGAzG6mvPVKve/8Fl/XpUaU=;
*
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:10:35 +0300
Subject: TEST MAIL PLEASE IGNORE
From: ***@powersoftindia.info
To: ***@gmail.com
Cc: ***@gmail.com

TEST

=======================================

Please let me know what is wrong now.
It has been 5 days I have been diging into without any success.

DKIM has been I followed the following URL
http://mikepultz.com/2010/02/using-dkim-in-exim/ to configure it on my
server .

host -t txt x._domainkey.powersoftindia.info
x._domainkey.powersoftindia.info descriptive text "v=DKIM1\; t=y\; k=rsa\;
p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDANGkTHzr37uCGWMQ7n0e+4opupYl4tA8K0J76iWEUO+zLZ4pgRyNDiqdbbWePs4qf93fBZF6gr78Gr22nIMdJG5PK1fgolYL+QgW/fStD2BCTdS+VrKLHkC5Rg/o1xqUpGn8z6QRP8idrmtzfcfl8Ix0L1v2uooQk/qxmafPItwIDAQAB"

Thank you
Pratap Singh
W B Hacker
2011-02-03 07:21:20 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
Hello ,
I have also managed to configure the domain and exim with the DKIM but mails
are still going into spam folder by default.
*snip*
Post by S Pratap Singh
Please let me know what is wrong now.
It has been 5 days I have been diging into without any success.
*sinp*

Send the same message directly to my address:

***@conducive.org

I'll check the logs...

Bill
S Pratap Singh
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 07:40:54 UTC
Getting the following error message in my exim mail log file.

2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnF-0002Zm-66 ** ***@conducive.org R=dnslookup
T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx.conducive.org [203.194.153.81]: 550-\n550
server.powersoftindia.infospammed us once. Once is all you get. Ever.
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnG-0002aR-8z <= <> R=1PktnF-0002Zm-66 U=exim P=local
S=1832
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnF-0002Zm-66 Completed
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnG-0002aR-8z => powersoft <
***@powersoftindia.info> R=localuser T=local_delivery
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnG-0002aR-8z Completed

Thank you
Pratap Singh
W B Hacker
2011-02-03 07:45:52 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
Getting the following error message in my exim mail log file.
host mx.conducive.org [203.194.153.81]: 550-\n550
server.powersoftindia.infospammed us once. Once is all you get. Ever.
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnG-0002aR-8z<=<> R=1PktnF-0002Zm-66 U=exim P=local
S=1832
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnF-0002Zm-66 Completed
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnG-0002aR-8z => powersoft<
2011-02-03 13:09:54 1PktnG-0002aR-8z Completed
Thank you
Pratap Singh
ACK. Confirmed in logs.

That is a pretty old entry in a Local BL, but the rejection happened at
acl_smtp_connect - nothing to do with SPF, DK, DKIM, HELO, or content scanning,
You never got that far.

But at least you had already survived rDNS check.

That reinforces a possibility mentioned earlier by another poster - that a prior
holder of your IP misbehaved. Such histry may not be common, but it WAS of
record here....

I've just now manually cleared the block.

Try again, and we'll see what snags next....

Bill
2011-02-03 08:25:05 UTC
From: S Pratap
dkim=neutral (no signature)
I don't know what you are doing wrong, but my test to gmail gives dkim=pass.
In my transport:

dkim_domain = lena.kiev.ua
dkim_selector = 1
dkim_private_key = /usr/local/etc/exim/dkim1.key

Content of that file begins from: -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

My test to check-auth()verifier.port25.com gives:
DKIM check details:
Result: pass

Send a test message to that address, examine every detail.
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 08:44:39 UTC
DKIM test is also passing for me in Google and as well as spf test too but
it still goes to SPAM folder.

Thank you
Pratap Singh
Graeme Fowler
2011-02-03 09:24:19 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
DKIM test is also passing for me in Google and as well as spf test too but
it still goes to SPAM folder.
You need to discuss this with Google (directly or via the following):

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=80369

Your problem is very unlikely to be related to Exim.

Graeme
Graeme Fowler
2011-02-03 10:37:24 UTC
Mail sent to me - issue resolved now.

Please ensure you email the list!

Regards

Graeme
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 11:23:13 UTC
Ohh .. I missed to include mailing list address .. just clicked on reply to
I think I have resolved the issue .

I will point out what I have done.,

As suggested upgraded exim to 4.63 to 4.73 greater than 4.70 which has dkiom
support.

Configured DNS with dkim record.

x._domainkey.powersoftindia.info. IN TXT "v=DKIM1;
t=y; g=*; k=rsa;
p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDANGkTHzr37uCGWMQ7n0e+4opupYl4tA8K0J76iWEUO+zLZ4pgRyNDiqdbbWePs4qf93fBZF6gr78Gr22nIMdJG5PK1fgolYL+QgW/fStD2BCTdS+VrKLHkC5Rg/o1xqUpGn8z6QRP8idrmtzfcfl8Ix0L1v2uooQk/qxmafPItwIDAQAB"

Edited exim conf as below :
## ADD the entry given below under router configuration
dk_lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
require_files = "/etc/exim/dkim/default.key"
transport = dk_remote_smtp

And restart the exim and send a mail to Gmail its in Inbox now .

Thank you all for helping me with this.

Appreciated.
Pratap Singh
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 11:31:30 UTC
Missed to add the following entry too in previous reply.

Add the entry in exim conf too
# This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP connections.

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
dkim_domain = powersoftindia.info
dkim_selector = x
dkim_private_key = /etc/exim/dkim/default.key
dkim_canon = relaxed

Thank you
Pratap Singh
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 12:48:13 UTC
There seems to be some issue with the yahoo still ..
Still mails are getting into spam and DKIM test is passing for the Gmail but
its failing for Yahoo..

Sending mail to yahoo are still getting into the spam "exim" but elsewhere
it works. Haven't checked with Hotmail yet but I tried sending to some other
domains and it is getting into Inbox folder now as well as in Gmail too.
*
In this mail it is passing the DKIM test but mail is going to spam folder of
Yahoo account
=================================================================*
LfHvl6abOUlVhjDdugMc_rEk6bOmqkHJ5w5YU1suTSv4Vixu1N7XmjaIAe37
YxSbSCrhxaA5RR0_7E0QlFqzvMdv2fD7D5IknIw7Y9fb0SAC2nftyfFPVuWR
2Z7.IFhKIYQx5NMUXLrMImpw6iqUMSt84oFb83q6kvmqkV_wWgslGgL0gpTA
LIqrBZYn01.wgOXvgjyEkGpxANz1BUZiq14j5dtWo8sIKXAIpFlFF3jP_8bW
D0A04r6X975qwDct9lbLG_V7UUrlmJI.6hLnxQckr3Bx1GjwaPFhQBBAgdtq
gxgunfixLa51zOac88XxlxH8b.JN9ZOhT0Hp0bhvm0krRBSSFiVwylEcub25
i9VrUyZrzq8hQr0hSjKhRo_d6DdwuWs.opXzmFjnLZW8BDYpDFXk_BCu7t30
rrNPTFdeaZY49e8Vn3HL3T9paPZXh3GJ7gejblGelQPvVBOlUr_l0mkZyfcK
mioOyGjwHjW09T3lJArc6hCn4eUOVnNu0Kk5jvLD_VTnuQjHpGdMMn4t76FD
vylFxd5DjZwRhE.E3QJnNju_2EMnKOUfpnD4ZsXV0UliFc2fgwot3x863Xet
9gX4gGUb2rSObmGMxbUXtv6zngx038anwOdZt3Zu_432yj4-
powersoftindia.info; s=x;

h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:To:From:Subject:Date:Message-ID;
bh=q5cyARPl5zX/knmvCnEy11G7/r6gcljJ44qrvv5DErY=;

b=SEODw2Ra0FHCHNZBF3feh0m5DxxJrZOO60JFVFmCUMgYGWQO+pWk7InUGJhTCFyxBjpXADBGDbS+gwRqRUkYEUsbzJQH++ZlpYqfas4ebDNkZs5vqahEncGYM4jPkNvrWsiRsOlVs6b6nJRzrTb541bbMV+L1kRdzEmaVqH8Rww=;
by server.powersoftindia.info with esmtp (Exim 4.73)
(envelope-from <***@powersoftindia.info>)
id 1PkySx-0001rp-LK
*=================================================================

**But this mail has failed the test both mail sent to a single email id
=================================================================*
K5WxfOFCLzEYQSy5bYXGnpDc7gFz48cmJCdBcabYtJtd2B3DTSmqSCdvNbVd
P3l2mKSrpOw.iyyR.R0V2MECEffhPyoHzjlhOgJ__VTN9JWdb1MxDWdef8QC
0azgN5..ZcVl.XB_.8ETLtHllhD6bjkHVXRnsQ2kGi2YWcLElB_E0iuSXrZj
8oZD4zI_8YB.VPmfG.O_xyFXw6RhVIMthsnsbJcur7.i1HQ4Olta.Y.HC_hR
ZisPW89HFG.lQGpmfwFhrpeR5uRhJ8s9rQZqju4M.9s2J4qP6oklTeJFkmze
vmqZ08sei39wZHWok4Gini5sfsWjAvWsKqJxFAqFiZPAozXleAwzLIw3p8Ot
vHENaxvjl9ujBrrnCr56rxF8BM0Wu.SnPpazX1HZpk.t9zse9peei5vmLbmC
wNclWCe4MzMvdehgcJjBOg8dKUF1_foiOCiBKkqA2x4POr1o3kNfuZQTpcS1
MBGb87YY.EMgvpgOn0qrMuWBnMlH1e1wMRJuKI02lXIBG5g3a0Xo0Own0YqK
3PATRvsblhqVdgAFDEW3fnh4LilWQRJOwRMPmC_a8vXEERBtkGarLlj8FZ_7
Ep_wLm8BuVkVIg6UUrC5rbc8CHaQJ3HvlvDeDf9YbpNVdCmRjg--
powersoftindia.info; s=x;

h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Cc:To:From:Subject:Date:Message-ID;
bh=VO7NPcUu+yAYDM2ZpdTLrE8MS18/+MO7ab2NWPiyHzE=;

b=ismu+ydtYDzjg3X9KlFcqm758n/HNTqRXrlE1ar8d4haEWITdY52FeNtb3Goey0wDCtTE+/6GGMrIP3yzHhPXUcZX1XtQuamCXb+JPVHfg12Z+8qaStwHXOD6SAB1TAzZ59HkvMhikDzO3tJad3lDpPWnbPCAFFOi5Q6Gj7eqA0=;
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:33:51 +0300
From: ***@powersoftindia.info
Peter Bowyer
2011-02-03 12:57:53 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
There seems to be some issue with the yahoo still ..
Still mails are getting into spam and DKIM test is passing for the Gmail but
its failing for Yahoo..
Sending mail to yahoo are still getting into the spam "exim" but elsewhere
it works. Haven't checked with Hotmail yet but I tried sending to some other
domains and it is getting into Inbox folder now as well as in Gmail too.
*
In this mail it is passing the DKIM test but mail is going to spam folder of
Yahoo account
Lena suggested earlier that the problem might be that your domain is
newly-registered. Have you an older domain to test with?

If this is indeed the problem, signing with DKIM is unlikely to help -
all you're doing is increasing the receiver's confidence that you
really are the domain in question..... you look just like a spammer
with a brand-new domain.

Peter
Peter Bowyer
2011-02-03 13:20:41 UTC
Please reply to the list.....

Todd Lyons
2011-02-03 13:30:54 UTC
2011-02-03 14:31:45 UTC
Post by Peter Bowyer
experienced such issue so for with any new domain. I will try to host
some subdomain on this server and create an account for that old
domain too.
Pratap,
Post by Todd Lyons
Also make it something other than *.info, which on my system has never
sent a valid email, all have been marked as spam.
Same here.

The specific rule I removed here to allow your messages through was a block on;

*info

While I was out for a pint (or 3) of Pedigree, two test messages came in with no
demerits at all.

NB: I don't check SPF, DK, DKIM, HELO mismatch, and don't run SpamAssassin or
other content scanner any longer.

Test accomplished, the block on '*info' is now back in place.
Post by Peter Bowyer
My concern is why it is failing the DKIM test for yahoo now and
passing the test in Gmail and other mail server.
Do you know how DNS resolvers work? Your TTL on your DKIM records are
powersoftindia.info. 86400 IN SOA ns1.powersoftindia.info.
powersoft.powersoftindia.info. 2011012809 10800 900 604800 86400
That negative TTL of 86400 means that you're telling other DNS servers
to remember NXDOMAIN responses for 86400 seconds (24 hours). So if
you sent a test message to Yahoo before you had configured that TXT
record in your DNS servers, Yahoo tried to look it up, got a NXDOMAIN,
and then remembered it for 24 hours.
And that is also detrimental to acceptance.
Post by Todd Lyons
Since yahoo is reporting that the key doesn't exist in DNS (and it
obviously does in my dig tests), that's what I suspect is happening.
+1

NB: Short TTL *alone* do not seem to be harmful, at least on 'old'
<domain>.<tld>. (Mine are shorter, and not a problem..)

It is the combination here.
Best to give them much longer TTL, and then ... just be patient.

But that is not all. <domain>.info might make a good website.

It will never be much good for smtp, as Todd points out.

The sad fact is that so many criminals have already pissed in that .info teapot
that few dare drink from it.

Bill
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 14:51:23 UTC
Yes seems that the issue with *.info and TTL value I will wait for tomorrow
and check it again. I will also test with other TLD .

I have tested with hotmail too with the negative result. But Found one
strange thing with yahoo, when I sent the mail to as CC then it came into
Inbox that's very strange.

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback.

Pratap Singh
S Pratap Singh
2011-02-03 15:45:39 UTC
As Leena Suggested to test DKIM on check-auth()verifier.port25.com
Here is the result

The Port25 Solutions, Inc. team

Summary of Results
SPF check: pass
DomainKeys check: neutral
DKIM check: pass
Sender-ID check: pass
SpamAssassin check: ham

Thank you
Pratap Singh
W B Hacker
2011-02-03 16:28:13 UTC
Post by S Pratap Singh
As Leena Suggested to test DKIM on check-auth()verifier.port25.com
Here is the result
The Port25 Solutions, Inc. team
Summary of Results
SPF check: pass
DomainKeys check: neutral
DKIM check: pass
Sender-ID check: pass
SpamAssassin check: ham
Thank you
Pratap Singh
Pratap,

That's all well and good.

And the 'newness' of the domain.tld and short TTL in the DNS will *eventually*
not be a barrier, either.

But before you invest much more effort in testing, have a think on what Todd
pointed out, and I confirmed:

The .info TLD has a bad reputation.

Bad enough to not only get diverted to spam, but even unconditionally hard-blocked.

Not everyone will do that, but our experience is not unique.
EG: If .info is not spam-always, then .info is spam-mostly.

If you don't want to use a less notorious TLD than .info, then perhaps using a
'smarthost' with a less obnoxious TLD for your outbound traffic would be wise.

If your business plan was to send unsolicited, or 'formerly' solicited, but now
nuisance traffic, then - hey - just keep right on with what you are doing. Those
flies will never reach MY watermelon.

;-)

Bill